Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Good Day

Friends,

I've received such an outpouring of encouragement from you all. Thank you! This truly is a quick update. Ava Gray is off of her pain meds, and was relaxed, aware and cuddly today. We still won't know if this shunt is working for at least another few days. (Her head circumference climbed a little, then went back down. We're just watching this closely.) She is on day 3 of 7 of antibiotics. Once she gets off of those (if the shunt is still working) we just have to get her up to full feeds & she can come home!

I wanted to offer by way of thanksgiving & praise the following blessings we've received in the past few days:

  • A stroller for Havyn (from a sweet friend who was, I guess, tired of seeing me tote several bags & Havyn everywhere I went). Today was our first day to use it, and it has made SUCH a difference. I could actually eat a meal using both of my hands!
  • Quality time with Ava Gray (one of our sweet nurses took Havyn for a stroll so I could have one-on-one with my other girl. It was a precious time, and was fun to hear the nurses laughing with/at? Havyn out in the hall while I snuggled with Ava Gray)
  • For flowers from some of my Nashville girls who stopped by after a particularly hard day just to say "we're here for you." 
  • For our primary care NURSES! I cannot say enough about them. Someday I will have to tell more of the story, but just know that they lavish love on all three of us every time they're on duty, and have wept, prayed, laughed & rejoiced with me throughout this short but arduous journey. They are starting to feel like family! (We love you Sarah, Lori, Lee, Annie & Bonnie!)
  • Messages from all of YOU. Even though I can't respond to every one, I am blessed by you all. Thank you again!
Grateful,

Jules

(Pics are from today & yesterday & include: Havyn sporting her new stroller, sleeping at the bottom of her sisters hospital crib, Ava Gray sporting her "beach-wear", and the flowers that brightened my day)

No comments:

Post a Comment