Friday, July 8, 2011

The Final Countdown

Dear Friends,

The medical team's best guess is that Ava Gray will be coming home Monday or Tuesday. (This Monday or Tuesday!) To say I am thankful is a huge understatement. : ) She is still working hard to tolerate full feeds (and increased calories) in a shorter amount of time. She is often uncomfortable during/after her meals, but she is so darn cute even when she is hollering about things not being up to par! She's also started a new little trick of pursing her lips, zerberting the air & then blowing bubbles... (It's pretty adorable, I have to say) She is no longer attached to any IV's or PIC lines, so we can take her off the monitors for little stretches of time to "walkabout" the NICU. It is so precious to hold her without what felt like a zillion wires and tubs connecting her to her bed. (!) She seems to love her little jaunts out of her room - her eyes as big as saucers trying to take in all the new sights! 

Well, I'll write again when we know for sure what day her homecoming will be. The plan is to have her home for 2 months before going back in for heart surgery in September. (The team expects that she would only have to stay for a week or less after that procedure). I'm not sure yet if the doc's will want us to be around large groups & kids in the interim period. Would love it, as we miss all of you terribly, but we'll just do what we need to for Ava Gray. Will definitely keep you posted on all that once we get it clarified.

Thank you friends for all the prayers and for clinging to His promises with us. Isn't it sweet to look back on what we were pleading for in the midst of really hard and uncertain times?........

Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
Psalm 37:39-40 For the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; he is their stronghold in the time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him.
Isaiah 49:23b-25 Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who wait for me shall not be put to shame. Can the prey be taken from the mighty, or the captives of the mighty be rescued? For thus says the Lord: "Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken, and the prey of the tyrant be rescued, for I will contend with those who contend with you, and I will save your children."
Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength." 
Isaiah 41:12-13 You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "fear not, I am the one who helps you."
Isaiah 49:13 Sing for joy, O heavens & exult O earth; break forth, O mountains into singing! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted.
Revelation 21:5 And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new."

His promises were what we clung to when things looked really dim, but I have to admit that my "clinging" felt very weak at times. Now as Ava Gray gets ready to come home, those same promises of Protection & Provision remind me that it never was about me being an amazing "clinger," but about the One we were attaching ourselves to. He is so amazing in the creative and gentle and mind-blowing ways that He brings Himself glory and loves His children.

Super-tired tonight, but so incredibly joyful about Ava Gray!

Goodnight friends - 

Jules

PS. The pictures of the sisters together were taken today - they kept trying to hold each others hands. Too precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment