Monday, September 12, 2011

Friends, Goodbye's & Growin... (& Some ER Visits 4 Fun)

Since we last posted, we've had to say our first goodbye (Misti Jennings we miss you!). Misti, a dear friend, would (when she was still in Nashville) come over every Monday night to help Momma Jules & hang with the girls. We have loved having her in our lives and can't wait till she returns. : )

Oh, and some catch-up: I forgot to post some of these pictures last time. Back story: Havyn had been trying in every possible way to show her Momma that she was ready for solids, and while A.J. & U.B. were here I finally listened. The funniest part was right in the middle of her first feed. A friend was reading from a baby foods book and it was something like; "you need to prepare yourself emotionally. Don't be discouraged if your baby doesn't catch on right away or even show a lot of interest. Even if she spits it right back out or completely disregards the food, be sure and keep your expression pleasant." As my friend is reading this, Havyn is trying to grab the spoon from me in order to get more food into her mouth. Seriously. She went to town on that food! I finally had to cut her off. I was afraid she was going to eat an entire pureed sweet potato. Needless to say, it was a success. I don't know if I managed to "keep my expression pleasant" though. My jaw kept dropping as I was a little in shock at how much she was tucking away. She was so intent on her food, though that I don't think she even noticed. : )
Havyn's also been working on her push-ups
As well as the art of intimidation:
 Ava Gray's been perfecting her "looking adorable" routine. I'd say she's getting pretty good it!
And Momma Jules? Well, she's been learning a few lessons of her own. Like, "Don't forget your daughter is attached to her feeding pump and accidentally pull out her Mickey button." An impromptu family visit to the ER and a 4+ hour stay there = lesson learned! (Some pics of our "family outing" below - many thanks to Beth Thomas for helping us throughout that one!)
And a few final lessons: Friends are to be enjoyed. (And when you're all tuckered out, make excellent napping couches)
 A park is an awesome place to hang out:








And one final lesson I'm thrilled my girls are finally catching on to.... Hats. Are. Awesome! 

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Havyn is doing awesome pushups and Ava Gray has definitely mastered the art of "looking cute". Great pictures! They are growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your look at your daughters Julie - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete