Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rest & Reprieve

As I write this, the girls are asleep. At the same time. Before 9pm. This is such a treat! I love sitting here on the floor in our dimly lit living room,watching their peaceful little forms - trusting and splayed out...matching hands and toes...seeing the rise and fall of their tiny chests. Hearing...silence. I am thankful for a beautiful crisp fall-ish day. For friends who stopped by to spend time with the girls & I. That my dishes are all done. That Ava Gray drank from a bottle today (37 mL's!). That we may get to cancel her "swallow test" on Friday because...well, she's swallowing just fine now. For my Heavenly Father who keeps showing me how much I like to keep my life uncomplicated, and how that is just not the path of love He wants me on. Thankful for life. For mine, and for my girls' as well. Thankful that they have each other!
 Thankful too, that AG got some good resting in today
And that H got some good play time in as well.



And very, very thankful that I now get to gather up the girls (+ equipment), move us all into the bedroom, and finally crawl into the place I've been dreaming of all day: my own sweet bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment