Monday, August 15, 2011

Surgery #10 a Success!

Dear friends,

This was our "easiest" surgery day yet. I really felt like the Lord was making it clear to me that I was not to let my mind go to worry & sorrow before or during the surgery. And He kept me so distracted and at rest (I actually took a nap during her time in the OR!) that it was over before I even had time to be tempted to be afraid. Before going into surgery, Ava Gray was very talkative, stuffing her fist in her mouth, and blowing bubbles. When she came out she was pretty groggy, but was still attempting to talk, chew her fist and blow those bubbles (didn't really succeed, but it was cute!)

After surgery (around 4pm) we were moved up to a regular hospital room at Children's Hospital, where there is a full size bed for mama to sleep in tonight (yay!). Both girls are sleeping soundly right now, and have been since 7pm. We've had great support from friends today, and have reconnected with some of our dear friends from Vandy.

I am so thankful that He brought us through this day and for making it such stress-free experience. Thank you for praying for us friends. We should be going home tomorrow, so hopefully the next time you hear from us will be from good ol' 2507 Woodyhill Drive.

It was wonderful hearing from you all. (Thanks for those messages!)

Keeping this short & sweet as I'm heading to bed. Can't wait! : ) 

Love,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment